Waterford Floor Lamp - Brazilian Teak Wood Flooring - Cutting Ceramic Floor Tile
Waterford Floor Lamp
- A torchiere (tour-she-AIR or tour-SHARE), or torch lamp, is a lamp with a tall stand of wood or metal. Originally, torchieres were candelabra, usually with two or three lights.
- A floor lamp comprises a stand that supports the bulb holder and bulb, which is shaded to distribute light. Like table lamps, floor lamps cast a warm, ambient, cozy glow, and are also good for delivering local light to a couch or chair.
- Its county town, a port on an inlet of St. George's Channel; pop. 40,000. It is noted for its clear, colorless flint glass, known as Waterford crystal
- A county in southeastern Republic of Ireland, in the province of Munster; main administrative center, Dungarvan
- A town in southeastern Connecticut, east of New London; pop. 17,930
- a port city in southern Ireland; famous for glass industry
- Waterford ( or "windy fjord"—Port Lairge meaning "Larag's port")Discover Waterford, by Eamon McEneaney (2001). (ISBN 0-86278-656-8) is the fifth largest city in Ireland, and the largest city in the South-East of the country. Founded in 914 AD by the Vikings, it is the country's oldest city.
- Waterford is a town in New London County, Connecticut, United States. It is named after Waterford, Ireland. The population was 19,152 at the 2000 census.
This stunning Floor Lamp brings radiance to any room. Versailles Brass Finish details complement the intricate detailing of the Finn pattern's signature cuts, while the Satin Shade beautifully diffuses the light from an up to 100-watt bulb. Exceptional care goes into its production, a minimum of care will maintain it. The crystal on a Waterford Lighting product should be cleaned regularly with a soft damp cloth. Gently wipe the dust off the crystal, taking care not to dampen any of the of the metal fittings. The metal has been carefully finished and only requires a light dusting with a soft dry cloth. No polish or cleaner should be used on any metal part. With such care, your Waterford Lamp or fixture will illuminate as intended, providing the sparkle, shimmer and radiant characteristic of all crystal by Waterford.
Fanad Head lighthouse, Co Donegal
This light is classified as a sea light as distinct from a harbour light although it does mark the entrance into Lough Swilly which forms a natural harbour of refuge. In 1812 the frigate Saldana was wrecked on Fannet Point, as it was called then, and became a total loss except for the ship’s parrot which bore a silver collar inscribed Saldana. Soon after the loss of this vessel Captain Hill of the Royal Navy in Derry, whose experience of the northwest coast from Blacksod to Lough Foyle was second to none, wrote to one of the members of the Corporation’s Board suggesting that a lighthouse should be placed on Fannet Point. He also backed up his request by stating that the Saldana would not have been lost if there had been a light on Fannet. Without question the Board approved Captain Hill’s request and they approached Trinity House, who gave their sanction in July 1814. The Admiralty Signal Tower on Fannet was taken over ostensibly to be used as a keeper’s dwelling and also to prevent local inhabitants dismantling it for their own devices but it seems to have been taken down and used by the Corporation when the lighthouse and dwellings were built. These were designed by the Corporation’s Inspector George Halpin. The first lighthouse was similar in size to two other towers being built around the same time, one at Mutton Island off Salthill, Galway Bay and the other at Roche’s Point on the eastern entrance to Cork harbour. They were 5 feet 9 inches inside diameter by three stories high - ground, first floor and lantern. Roche’s Point was subsequently replaced by a larger 11 foot 6 inch diameter tower; the original small tower was taken down and rebuilt at Blackhead, northeast of Duncannon Fort on the east side of the entrance into Waterford Harbour to form a leading light with the already established light at the Fort. The Fort light became the front light and the Blackhead light became the rear or North Duncannon light. The Deed of Conveyance for the property was signed and money paid to Lord Leitrim in Leitrim in April 1818 in accordance with the Inquisition dated October 1814. Fannet Point was first lit on 17th March 1817 and its fixed or non-flashing catoptric light showed red to sea and white towards the Lough, and could be seen for fourteen miles in clear weather. The optic consisted of nine Argand sperm oil wick lamps and parabolic reflectors. The seaward lamps would have had red coloured lamp glasses. One of the first requests for better lighting in the immediate vicinity of Lough Swilly came from the Duke of Abercorn backed up by numerous signatories in a memorial dated March 1871. The request was referred to Trinity House who inspected the area in 1872 and in their report recommended Fanad Head to be converted to a second order dioptric fixed lens with a red sector over the Swilly Rocks. They also agreed that lights should be established at Dunree Head and Buncrana Pier. Work went ahead on both these lights and they were established on 15th January 1876. Fanad was slower in its changeover. During 1875 the Engineer, Mr Sloane, estimated for improvements at Fanad together with a light to mark the Limeburner Rock. Then in 1876 gas was suggested instead of colza or rape seed oil. This would have meant the construction of a gas works similar to Tory Island and certain other rock and mainland stations. Trinity House made yet another recommendation in 1877, this time that Tory Island be altered to a first order group flashing light and the old Tory Island lens to be fitted into a new tower built at Fanad with a sectional light to show from the base of the tower over the Limeburner Rock. Still nothing was done until 1880 when the Inspecting Committee recommended adopting the Engineer’s and Inspector’s report (Mr W. Douglass and Captain Cole) for an occulting second order light using paraffin showing white with a red sector over the Swilly Rocks and a lower white sector light over the Limeburner Rock. Construction went ahead and a new larger and higher tower, close to the original tower was built together with an extra dwelling. In both cases a connecting corridor joined the tower to the dwelling. The new lights went into operation on 1st September 1886, the main light was occulting white and red every thirty seconds with its fixed catadioptric second order lens and circular occulting screen around the burner turned by a small clockwork rotation machine which gave a character of 30 seconds. An auxiliary fixed white light in one of the windows at the base of the tower shone over the Limeburner Rock. The character of this light was changed in August 1932 to one white flash every 3 seconds (fl 0.33, ec 2.66) visible from 102 degrees to 112 degrees over Limeburner Rock. In August 1906 the Engineer, Mr C. W. Scott, presented an estimate to the Board to change the light to group flashing with an incandescent paraffin burner. Trinity House modified the proposed character so as no
IRELAND, WATERFORD CITY 1998 ---LICENSEPLATE WITH SHADOW FONTS
This very thick plastic license plate from Waterford City, Ireland is non-reflective with the serial number fonts giving a shadow effect. Depending on what angle you look at the plate the shadow effect will appear either darker of lighter. In this pic I took at a bit of an angle to show how the shadow effect appears darker to the left and fades to the right. This plate was first issued in 1998 as denoted by the prefix "98" followed by the Waterford City code of "W" and the serial number of "2139" as a suffix. The name Waterford appears top center in Gaelic.
waterford floor lamp
The Waterford Lismore floor lamp is a new Waterford floor lamp. Waterford's Lismore floor lamp is 60.25" tall and features Waterford's Lismore crystal pattern, and a parchment shantung shade with cotton braid. The shade measures 6 x 19 x 12 inches. The Waterford Lismore floor lamp has a three-way socket and takes up to a 100 watt bulb. The Lismore floor lamp is available in your choice of a Versailles brass finish or an antique brass finish. Please call us if you have questions about any Waterford lamps or if you would like to order a Lismore Floor Lamp by phone.
floor cleaning atlanta
cork flooring manufacturers
concrete garage floors
dance floor rentals
foyer floor tile designs